Thursday, March 15, 2012

What I've Been Up To...

With my butt stuck in a seat for a very good reason and my foot up on the lounge and coffee table - and at times, a dis-used shredder bin - I've been getting creative with the time I have on my hands for my toe to heal.  And believe me, when you've broken something as tiny as one of these things, you really know the pain of it when you twist the wrong way!  However, seeing I've organised my reading pile, started knitting more (and the scrap scarf is looking good now) and gotten into writing a book for my niece, I thought to let you guys in on what I'm reading right now.
I thought to begin again on a biography that I tried out two years ago about Anais Nin; as I find her fascinating, entitled:  'The Erotic Life of Anais Nin' by Noel Riley Fitch.  The last time I opened its pages, I found it wasn't really my thing.  However this time, I'm totally pulled into her story.  Isn't it strange what a couple of years does for a book and how much your taste changes - and how quickly as well?  I am enjoying it right now and have gotten further into it than I did a few years back when I bought it at Cumquat Books at Annerley here in Brisbane.  It's a great store filled to the brim with a fantastic array of books; and I will do a review on it when I find my way to it sometime this year.
Otherwise, I'm reading 'Good Reading' Magazine for this month, which is filled with great articles and reviews (of course!) and I'm loving the book bite about author's libraries... makes me want to go out and buy the book, just to own it. 
Anyway, that's what I've been up to this week in the way of reading and books.  Otherwise I went out and did my grocery shopping and found my way to the post office today to pay for my PO Box only to find, when I arrived, that I forgot my wallet!  Damn, well, there's always tomorrow.  Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment