Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Books On My Mind... the painting

I love seeing book-related art on Facebook and collecting postcards with book-art on them too.  And bookmarks can be just beautiful as well, can't they?  But, then, you get a wonderful idea about how to put across your own feelings about books and you jump feet first into the deep end just to express yourself.  This is what I've done in this painting I've been working on lately titled 'Books On My Mind'... and believe me, there's a lot of books there to look at!

I started out with books flying through the air, then painted over it and came up writing the titles into lochs of my red hair on the canvas.  Here, have a look and let me know what you think! 

First attempt: Flying Books 

Second attempt: progress

Finished Product! 



Well, I hope you enjoyed the photos of my work about books.  I know this might belong in an art blog, and it does, but really when it's about books I think it also belongs here too.  Until my next post, happy reading.

PS:  And my tennis elbow is getting better... little by little - still hurts a lot, but not as much as it did when I first had it.

No comments:

Post a Comment