Thursday, August 1, 2013

New Specs!

Today, I was very busy, mainly driving everywhere, and wishing I could get my front garden completed so I could work on my back yard to make it look better to live in.

However, I had to pick up my new glasses today - both pairs.  My private health fund provided full cover for two pairs per year, and I thought that seeing I have access to a car at the moment, to get my eyes seen to (pardon the pun!) and score myself a new couple of pairs.  And aren't they lovely?
On the same token, I also handed in my old pairs of glasses to be donated to Third World Countries so people who are less fortunate than me can have a pair of glasses when they can't afford to buy a pair.  I don't see any reason why I need to keep my old pairs and toss them in the bin when somebody out there could be using the lenses for their own eyes to read while they're studying or going to school... especially when I've cared for them so well.

So, does your optometrist do this for Third World Countries?  If so, have you contributed by handing in your old glasses?  If they don't, why don't you ask if they would?  It'd help so many people out there who really do need to help their eyesight; after all, they've got needs just like us, right?  Until my next post, happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment