Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Birthday Books!

I had my birthday on Monday; which means, I received a lot of books! Yep, my Mum organised a big surprise for me and so a lot of my online friends bought up big on my behalf and sent me plenty of books off my Wish List on Bookcrossing; and now, I have a nice collection of books to get my nose into. I thought it would be good to share some of the title with you.

'The Gargoyle' by Andrew Davidson. This is a debut novel; and what novel! I've just begun reading it and have found it hard to get my nose out of its pages! I had it on my Wish List for a long time; and am thrilled to have received it on Monday. It will be some time before I let this one out of my sight!

'The Colorado Kid' by Stephen King. I'm a very big fan of this writer; and have been since I was in high school and he was scaring the be-jesus out of me there. So, when this book came out, I really wanted to see what he could do as a crime writer. From what the critics have said on the first few pages, SK is pretty good as a horror and as a crime writer both.

'The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul' by Douglas Adams is the last installation of the Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy - Trilogy In Four Parts. I've wanted to read this book for some time; but haven't been able to find here in Australia; which was unfortunate. And I also received this one on Monday.

'Swallowing Darkness' by Laurell K. Hamilton. I haven't heard of this author before; however, from the blurb on the back, I'm sure to enjoy this book. It's sci-fi fantasy, with magic, faeries, Kings, Queens, murder and mystery all wrapped up into it... hmmmm... I'll most definitely have to get my nose into this one soon!

Along with these, I also received: 'The World According to Garp', 'Dinner at the Homesick Restuarant', 'Face to Face', 'Vulture's Gate' and 'Belly Dancing for Beginners'. There are a few more parcels to arrive as some of my Bookcrossing friends got them off a little late - but I don't mind, it's the thought that counts - so I have made a thank you blog ('My Birthday Presents' blog) so that I can thank them all personally with photos and they all get a personal note of thanks and gratitude; and best of all, it's permanent. I don't intend to delete the blog after its use is over. I'll be turning it into a Bookcrossing Thank You Blog for any gifts and goodies I receive from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment