Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Prizes!

This week has been a week of great things coming in the mail.  Yesterday, I received a copy of 'Crossing Paths' by Debbie Robson that I ordered from MacLean's Booksellers in Newcastle for myself for my birthday on 5th, October (I always get myself a pressie on my birthday seeing I've been single for over 10 years now).  Also yesterday, a HGG arrived from a fellow Bookcrosser.  A HGG has to do with the Christmas Holidays... and we start early there; it stands for Holiday Gift Giving, and it's a lot of fun!  I received two stretchy book protectors - one black and one a vibrant purple.  I also received a get well card from my Mum seeing I haven't been allowed near her because I'm sick and she's going into hospital soon.  
Well, today, I was off to the post office to check the mail and I found I had a lot of mail - again! - in my little PO Box.  I pulled it all out and found a blue parcel pick-up card in amongst it, an envelope from AGL (an energy company) and two magazines from Good Reading Magazine in Sydney.  I put all but the parcel pick-up card into my bag, closed the door on my PO Box and went to pick up the parcel.  I found that a parcel of books had shown up from a Bookcrossing friend in Darwin; and you know, I had only sent her bag off to her yesterday morning!  How cool is that?  As for the envelope from AGL?  It was a cheque with money owing to me from them when I changed energy companies... now that's very cool.  Until my next post, happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds you had great gifts all around!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun when the mail is full of cool things when it normally isn't. :D

      Delete