Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My Year In Books



I’ve had a good year in books; and yet a fair one in reading.  I haven’t read all the books I’ve wanted to read – or planned on reading – and yet, I’ve had a good year in the books I’ve received through the mail and have bought myself.  To begin with, I’ll let you all in on the books I’ve read this year:

‘Interviews With Hideous Men’ by David Foster Wallace. UF
‘Christian Slater: Back From the Edge’ by Nigel Goodall
‘Born on a Rotten Day’ by Hazel Dixon Cooper
‘Last Night In Twisted River’ by John Irving UF
‘Death, Taxes and a French Manicure’ by Diane Kelly
‘Me & Her’ by Karen Tyrrell UF
‘The Zodiac Library: Libra’ by Derek and Julia Parker
‘The Gunslinger’ by Stephen King
‘Other People’s Diaries’ by Kathy Webb UF
‘The Drawing of the Three’ by Stephen King
‘Dandelion Wine’ by Ray Bradbury
‘The Big Questions: Philosophy’ by Simon Blackburn
‘A Concise Chinese-English Dictionary for Lovers’ by Xiaolu Guo  UF

I did find some of these books hard to get into and stopped reading them.  However, with a good lot of them, I have finished them and totally enjoyed them.  My favourites were, ‘Dandelion Wine’ by Ray Bradbury and the two ‘Dark Tower’ books by Stephen King.  I’m reading the third book of that and totally enjoying that too; as well as another book about Bookcrossing. 

I am hoping to get into a few other books over the Christmas/NYE period and to let you guys into what I think of them; as well as write some articles about different books I read when I was a child.  These books are going to be from the early 1980’s and late 1970’s; from a time when I taught myself to read and my folks did their best to help me with my passion for the written word.  Well, until my next post, happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment