Sunday, May 12, 2013

Hidden Genres

I've been very busy lately.  Busily reading and writing and busily cleaning my house up too.  I also did my annual book count - which came to 991 books here in my little office.  I did have over 1,000 books last year, but I do remember giving away some too, so it's brought the number down by a few.  

I am busy with a few things around the place while I'm reading, however I have mis-placed a few books in the house.  And while I have been tidying up, I've found them!  I found 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins hiding under a few things on my coffee table.  How long that's been there is only going to be a wild guess of mine. 
Then, by the door, I found 'Crossing Paths' by Debbie Robson, 'Kim' by Rudyard Kipling and then, I added to that a book Mum and I searched high and low for at her place'Dandelion Wine' by Ray Bradbury.  Mum had put it 'somewhere safe' which happened to be in their overstuffed bookcase by the front door.  

Well, it's been a couple of days and each time I've tidied up something, I've dug up a book or two, or a magazine I've been looking for.  And I've been searching for these thing for weeks... and they're showing up now!  Amazing what happens when you're organising yourself for something else to happen in your life.
And what is the something else that's going to happen for me?  I'm heading into hospital in mid-June for a minor operation, and Mum's going to be looking after me for the next week after I return home.  So, my place has to be in some kind of order to have her stay here with me.  Anyway, what books have you found around your place when you've cleaned up, you've sworn you've lost and yet they've been hiding from you all this time?  Until my next post, happy reading!   

No comments:

Post a Comment