Monday, August 12, 2013

Working On A Book

I haven't been posting much on here, and there's a good reason for it.  I've been working on a book - writing one that is.  Also my computer crapped itself last Friday night where I had to work on putting it back to its Factory Settings, then talk to HP Support and they're hoping to get somebody out here to work on the damned thing to make sure it doesn't do it again.

As some of you know, I'm a writer.  I write vampire romance (not Twilight stuff, traditional Dracula kinda gig) and then, I have concise poetry, short stories, flash fiction and novellas.  Then there's my Bounty Hunter series of books I've been working on for the last 4 years; the Fry Nelson books.  I'm onto the 4th book, and am only a few chapters away from finishing it... and I'm absolutely thrilled!  I took a year off last year because I had a couple of family issues and needed to clear my head, then my sweet little bird died last Christmas, and that set me back even further.  
Now, I'm back on track and I'm writing like there's no tomorrow.  I have to so much to write down and I feel as though there's not much time to write it... dunno why, but my brain's rushing ahead on me and telling me the ending before it's even arrived.  So, I'm flat out filling in all the gaps.  
So, anyway, between all that, I'm struggling to read anything right now, as my mind can't keep on track on anything while it works on the plots and subplots of the last few chapters.  Anyway, enough about me, what about you?  Are you working on your own writing project at the moment?  Is it going wonderfully, or are you hitting road blocks left and right?  Until my next post, happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. No writing projects for me... I have this notion that I'll write a work of fiction some day, like a thriller or mystery novel, but I never get around to it. I should though... It would be nice to make dream of becoming a published author a reality. Plus, I could put to use all of those books I purchased about writing to good use!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing a book is a great thing to become involved in. I love writing and getting lost in the moment of working on my work... it's so wonderful!... it's also one of the hardest trades around next to being a musician and an artist. It's so hard to get published.

      I'd give it a go.

      Delete