Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Night Shift by Stephen King

The last time I had this book, I gave it away to somebody on Bookcrossing.com. And now, I've got it again in hardcover, I think I'll keep it for some of the stories. This wonderful storyteller has had me under his spell since I was around sixteen and no matter how many times I check under the bed or make sure the wardrobe doors are closed, I just can't seem to get enough of this work. And this lot of creepy, weird stories is no exception. Once I gave away the last copy I had, there was one story I wanted to read from it; isn't that just the way?
From 'Graveyard Shift' to 'Trucks' to the very creepy 'Lawnmower Man' (which was later made into a brilliant movie; along with 'Trucks'), these stories will have you keeping on the reading lamp long after you promised yourself that you were going to turn it off - four nights ago!

Now, I've written about Stephen King a few times here, so I'll just lead you to his link on the side bar. Search there more and you'll probably find other authors you'll be interested in as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment