Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Week To Go!

I just looked at my calendar and there's a little over a week to go until my Summer of Fun Event is over, complete, finished!  Wow!  Three months can zip by in a blink if you don't watch out... and really it's been a lot of fun.
Before I began typing this post up, I looked over the last three months of posts and found that there was a lot of things that were done and said... however, I didn't do that many book reviews (only about three if I remember right).  This is because I have been fighting a losing battle with Stephen King's new book and another writer - David Foster Wallace - and then there was Christian Slater's biography (which was a great book on his life right up until 2005 or so).  However, now I'm busily re-organising my shelves  and finding books that I haven't seen in yonks... plenty of them too... to take on the Good Reads Autumn Challenge.  i took on their Summer Challenge and didn't get very far; so this is my chance to pick up where I left off and hopefully get some seriously focused reading done; as well as some reviews.
And seeing this event went off so well, I thought to keep it running over next Summer as well; as an annual event.  So, what are your thoughts on this.  Have you got any ideas of where I could improve on this event where I didn't use them this time around?  If so, please leave a comment and let me know, I'd love to know your ideas so I can put them into next year's event.  This year was so much fun putting together.  Well, I'll keep on working until the end of this one and start planning next Summer's event by July or so.  Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment